Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there! I am in the nursery at church now and during nursery one of the relief society presidency members took my post so I could attend Relief Society. It was a very welcomed pardon. It was nice to actually sit down and listen...go figure. For Mother's day Ryan gave me a book and a special DVD player called ClearPlay. It's a DVD player that has a flash drive that you use to get editing files online, you then put the flash drive into this DVD player and you can see any movie edited to your liking. I am super excited. Ryan is great and is now out of school and calming down quite a bit. He has been wound up and stressed for several years now with sooooo much on his plate. He needs this break for sanity's sake, my sanity included. So we are a little normal family, for now. He works 9-5, and then he comes home. It is fantastic. Gracie has been saying a few words here and there. She has said mama, daddy, yes, out, kitty, let go (maybe), I'm pretty sure she meowed and other stuff I can't think of now. She is awesome. I am currently reading a newer biography Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling. It's a biography by an active LDS church member that gives you the facts. It is awesome to learn all these details that you don't really know about, in relation to all of these other events you know very well. Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God, but it can't be denied that he was also a mortal man. Just as is every prophet placed upon this earth. So, I am working toward finishing this book before I start The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Very pumped about that book as well. Who knew I was such a nerd?.....Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

2 comments:

Chad and Nicole said...

I can't wait to start reading "The Host"!! Is it out yet?

Sandman said...

You'll have to let me know if you like "The Host." My wife and I read her other 3 books ... we liked them faily well ...